In this weeks installment of the Tenant Tips will discuss how to be a great Tenant broker.
Image courtesy of Master isolated images at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
This is my Top 10 list to discuss how to be a great Tenant representative broker. On a macro level the Tenant Rep always looks out for the best interests of the Tenant. Remember the Tenant comes first, not your listings, not just the easy sites, and never the fee. Ask yourself “what would I want done if I was the Tenant”? Every tenant has a specific set of criteria for a location. While the criteria may vary from tenant to tenant the process of being a great Tenant Broker does not.
Top 10 steps to being a great Tenant Rep broker.
“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.”
Coastal Tides Retail Newsletter – August 2014
Charleston Once Again Named Top City in U.S.
The Holy City has done it again! For the second consecutive year, Charleston has been chosen as the “Top City in the United States and Canada” by Travel + Leisure’s readers. Just as impressive, the city was also picked as the second best in the world. Read More
TINA Stephens opens at 278 King Street
TINA Stephens™ announced the opening of its newest retail location
National Tenants Compete for Limited Retail Space!
- Market vacancy rate is down to 6.32%. Downtown vacancy rate is just 3.56%. Rental rates averaged $17.72 per square foot for shop space with some tenants seeing rates as high as $77 per square foot in the Downtown submarket.
- The retail market is becoming a landlord’s market as available retail space runs scarce.
- The trend of recycling retail space continues. New development activity is picking up.
- New restaurants make Charleston debut.
- Job creation is driving the suburban retail market attracting grocers, restaurants and sporting goods stores.
DOWNLOAD LINK – Q2-2014 CHS Retail Market Report